Monday, July 6, 2009

Raft Training

Hey Hey, it's Maebe Baebe!

The humans thought it would be a good day for some raft training. They would like to take us camping at Bowman Lake at Glacier National Park next year, and the humans think one of the best parts of the trip is rafting on the lake. Here are a couple pics of our predecessors, Rex and Sheena, on the raft:

And here is Sheena on the raft on Bowman Lake. It doesn't look too exciting to us. In fact, she is looking bored to DEATH.

Kayla's training came first. She really didn't like being in the raft. She was quite tense and was looking for a way out.

Get me out of here!!

HuMom was a little late starting this video, but woo know how much Kayla and I dislike swimming in the pool. Check this out:


Kayla hates the raft even more than she hates swimming. She is so strange.

My training came next. I wasn't quite sure what to do with my back feet. So I gave the Big Man a kiss, then huMom came along and pushed me in.

This isn't so bad!

Eventually, I decided I had enough of the raft.


How did woo like that? I found a way out and only got my feety-feets wet! Pretty smart of me, wouldn't woo say?

So that's my story, woo a'tcha later! Maebe

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I think your hooomans have lots to do befur their trip!

Woo look ready - I'm not sure they are!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Yas said...

Cool pics! thanks for sharing! Wish we have a pool to lounge at...Have a great day!

Cheers and Cheeze,
Maxx

Khady Lynn said...

Haroorooroo!!! That was pretty funny!! But, why do humans feel the need to torture us with things THEY think are fun?

Don't forget your doggie life vests when you go rafting!!

Holly

Britny said...

Oooh you are so lucky having a pool. That looked like lots of fun!

D.K. Wall said...

Somehow, we don't think we want a raft. A pool - cool. Raft - pass. Besides our humans like that white water stuff and we have no interest in that, for sure.

Teddy Westlife said...

I think you did a good job but you might need a bit more practice.

Why has my link dropped off your friends' list? :(

Huffle Mawson

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo! Way to go, Maebe! Nothing beats out-smarting the bipeds!
Tail wags,
Storms

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, I think that sounds like fun. I love swimming, but to be honest, I haven't tried a raft so maybe I wouldn't like it.

Mom and Dad have been to that lake. The summer before we came along, they took a big road trip from Texas to Glacier. They camped at Lake McDonald and went on a 13 mile hike starting at Lake Bowman and then around the Quartz Lakes. They had planned to hike the next day to a view of Mount Wilbur (in honor of Wilbur), but they couldn't move their legs and barely could get in/out of the car. So they drove to the other side of the park and just looked at Mount Wilbur from the road. They just needed us to pull them around.

Kat

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Whoa, we don't think either of us wants to try that either.

Woos, TD and Phantom